2011 Kawasaki VN900 VULCAN CLASSIC LT
Niehaus Cycle Sales
VN900 VULCAN CLASSIC LT
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder V-twin
- Displacement: 903 cc / 55.1 cu.in.
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 74.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
- Cooling System: Liquid-Cooled
- Fuel System: DFI with dual 34 mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Transmission: 5-Speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Rake/Trail: 32 deg./6.3 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41 mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Uni-Track® swingarm / 4.1 in.
- Front Tire Size: 130/90-16
- Rear Tire Size: 180/70-15
- Wheelbase: 64.8 in.
- Front Brakes / Rear Brakes: Single 300 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper / 270mm hydraulic disc
- Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gal.
- Seat Height: 26.8 in.
- Overall Length: 97.0 in.
- Overall Width: 39.6 in.
- Overall Height: 58.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 657.1 lb.
- Color Choices: Metallic Nocturne Blue / Candy Imperial Blue, Ebony / Metallic Titanium
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 24 Months
- 903cc liquid-cooled V-twin offers the optimal balance of performance and maneuverability
- Optically correct windscreen is height adjustable to accommodate a wide range of riders
- Top quality leather saddlebags are deep-dyed for long-lasting color and have easy-to-use quick-release fasteners
- Passenger backrest comes standard
- Gorgeous two-tone paint is standard
- Stylish instrumentation includes handy fuel gauge
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is largest in class
- Longest factory warranty in its class – 24 months
- Chrome brass studded seat matches saddlebags and passenger backrest
903cc V-twin SOHC Engine
- Smooth and reliable engine tuned to deliver a healthy dose of torque at low rpm
- Gear-driven balancer allows use of single-pin crankshaft without excessive vibration
- Rubber mounted to reduce engine vibration at all speeds
Four-valve Cylinder Head
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow, creating more power and low-end torque
- Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
- Long intake tracts narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling, increased torque and better low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
- Finned cylinders and head combined with liquid cooling result in exceptional thermal control
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
- Automatic fan helps keep things cool
- Includes temperature warning light
Dual Slash-cut Mufflers
- Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain emission-reducing honeycomb catalyzers
Positive Neutral Finder
- Just lift the shift pedal from first gear at a stop to easily find neutral, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
- Superb performance and rideability thanks to dual throttle bodies with sub-throttles
- The ECU controlled sub-throttles are located behind the main throttle valve, allowing the DFI® system to provide more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for optimal acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
Kevlar-Reinforced Belt Drive
- Lower unsprung weight than a shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
- Efficiently transfers power to the rear wheel
- Cleaner and lower maintenance than chain drive
Double Cradle Frame
- Very rigid, large-diameter box section backbone allows for a larger fuel tank, high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds
- Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at low speeds
- Long wheelbase contributes to highway stability
- Triangular swingarm has a hardtail appearance, but utilizes a single shock hidden beneath the seat
- Long and low chassis for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact
41mm Front Fork
- Excellent rigidity and 5.9-inches of travel
- 32-degree rake angle offers excellent straight line manners
- Classic look with wide fork pitch
- Both the 300mm front and 270mm rear rotors feature twin-piston calipers for great power and feel
Spoke Custom Wheels
- Chromed steel rims and spokes
- “Spool-style” polished aluminum front hub
Wide Rear Tire
- 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image
- Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
Tank-mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Provides riders crucial information at a glance
- Compact design matches the bike's clean look
- Robust, optically correct, acrylic plastic windscreen is shaped for smooth airflow
- Strong chrome-plated steel supports enhance cruiser style
- Adjustable height
- Carefully selected top grain cowhide with minimal flaws and deep dyed for a long-lived finish
- Slant top opening lid, with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps, chrome buckles and hidden quick release fasteners
- Dual panel lid construction with embossed Vulcan logo detail
- Half-inch diameter chrome plated brass stud accents
- Metal reinforced upper edge so bags hold their shape
- Rolled and riveted lid minimizes water entry
Low Stepped Seat
- Ultra-low 26.8-inch seat height allows riders to easily plant both feet on the ground at stops
- Laid-back riding comfort for two
- Detailed with half-inch diameter chrome plated brass studs
- Classic tombstone shape
- Strong chrome plated steel supports
- Pad detailed with chrome plated brass studs
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder V-twin
- 903 cc / 55.1 cu. in.
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 74.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI with dual 34 mm Keihin throttle bodies
- TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Track® swingarm / 4.1 in.
- Front Brakes
- Single 300 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 270 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.8 in.
- 32 deg.
- 32 deg.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal.
- Final Drive
- Metallic Nocturne Blue / Candy Imperial Blue, Ebony / Metallic Titanium
- 24 Months