2013 BMW F800GT
Hit the road - the journey begins. The new F 800 GT offers impressive dynamic performance on every ride - whether idyllic suburbs, winding mountain passes or endless highways.
A twist of the throttle and 90 horsepower ensure that you really can leave everyday routine behind you. The water-cooled 2-cylinder in-line engine with a capacity of 798 cc offers remarkable dynamic performance on every trip, achieving smooth power delivery through its low-maintenance toothed-belt drive. A longer rear-wheel swing arm and tighter suspension ensure a high level of ride stability, guaranteeing superb riding impressions.
The F 800 GT also offers control and comfort with suspension and three different seat heights which provide just the right ergonomics for each individual rider. What is more, the optionally available ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) can be used to adjust the rear rebound-stage damping to road conditions at the press of a button.
Clean lines and a perfectly adjusted touring windshield instantly promise pure riding pleasure. The F 800 GT also makes its mark in terms of paint finishes: there is something for everyone here, from the spirited Valencia Orange metallic and elegant Dark Graphite metallic through to Light White.
Safety is the best travel companion. For this reason, the GT supports every brake maneuver as standard with dual-channel ABS - the most sophisticated system in a mid-range motorcycle. For those looking for an even higher level of safety, assistance is provided by the optionally available ASC.
Typical GT. Unstoppable tour
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 69 mpg, at a constant 55 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h: 55 mpg, at a constant 75 mph
- Fuel type: Unleaded super
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 400 W
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Drive: Belt drive
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminum, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with eccentric adjustment for rear axle, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 / 4.9 in. (125 mm / 125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.6 in. (1,514 mm)
- Castor: 3.7 in. (94.6 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.2 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: Standard BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 84.9 in. (2,156 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.6 in. (905 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 49.1 in. (1,248 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.5 in. (comfort seat: 32.3 in., low seat: 30.1 in.)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight:
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 470 lb.
- Permitted total weight: 926 lb.
- Payload (with standard equipment): 456 lb.
- Usable tank volume: 4.0 gal.
- Reserve: 0.8 gal.
- Type: Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Capacity: 798 cc
- Rated output: 90 hp (66 kW) at 8,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 63 lb/ft (86 Nm) at 5,800 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection, digital engine management (BMS-K+)
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication
- 798 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection, digital engine management (BMS-K+)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with eccentric adjustment for rear axle, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 59.6 in. (1,514 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.5 in.
- 3.7 in. (94.6 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal.
- 69 mpg, at a constant 55 mph; 55 mpg, at a constant 75 mph
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 470 lb.
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Final Drive
- Belt drive
- Valencia Orange Metallic, Dark Graphite Metallic, Light White