2015 Yamaha XVS950 STAR BOLT
Old School Just Got Schooled.
Bolt. More Style. More performance. And more ways to customize than ever. From its slim, compact bobber-style design to its raw metal look and feel, it's everything you need. And nothing you don't. Old school just got left back.
- The Bolt is stripped down and devoid of chrome parts and epitomizes the “Urban Performance Bobber” look. The compact chassis proudly showcases the 58 cubic inch (942cc), air-cooled, 60° V-twin sitting at the heart of the bike.
- The Bolt uses modern technology to create a riding experience superior to other similarly sized machines. Even fuel injection and ignition timing maps have been carefully chosen specifically for this bike to deliver class-leading performance with strong low- and mid-range torque sure to bring a smile to every rider’s face.
- Components such as the 3.2 gallon fuel tank, belt drive, front and rear wheels, digital meter and steel fenders combine to create a distinct look in the Star Motorcycles line up.
- The slim body and low seat design combine to give the motorcycle light maneuverability and a stable handling feeling. The upright riding posture helps the rider feel the wind, hear the sounds, and experience the pulse of the machine.
- For riders who value personalization, the options for the Bolt are limited only by the owner’s imagination. As we say at Star motorcycles, “we build it, you make it your own.” And as the perfect canvas for customization, Bolt is the ultimate example of that philosophy.
- The 58 cubic inch (942cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60º V-twin with four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio. The engine is designed to provide excellent power and superior low-end torque.
- To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special roller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used. These also reduce top-end weight for excellent mass centralization.
- The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered to direct the fuel/air charge to the center of the piston for more efficient combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-composite plated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced oil consumption.
- High-quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, high strength, compact design that contributes to reduced vibration.
- Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the Bolt to deliver the best urban riding fun with strong acceleration. 3D maps for ignition timing and fuel injection have been developed and these settings deliver outstanding acceleration in the mid and low-speed ranges.
- The stainless steel air cleaner cover provides a “raw metal” look that accentuates the Bolt’s distinctive styling. And the air cleaner design helps provide great intake efficiency and enhanced torque characteristics.
- A 2-into-1 exhaust pipe layout on the right side of the engine contributes to the lively performance and styling of the machine. The minimalist-style exhaust system delivers a throaty and pleasing exhaust note.
- Black mirrors adorn the 2015 Bolt for a tougher look and enhanced styling.
- Revised meter for clear visibility in sunlight.
- A double-cradle frame enhances city riding enjoyment. The engine is mounted to the frame as a stressed member with a rigid mount system that provides precise handling.
- The low-set seat is a mere 27.2 inches off the pavement, so most riders can easily put both feet firmly on the ground at a stop, as well as enjoy the great riding position the seat provides.
- Bolt’s short, 61.8-inch wheelbase contributes to the bike’s lively handling, providing for tight turns in city riding and solid handling on the road.
- The beefy front 41mm fork tubes offer excellent suspension performance and the twin rear shocks have been tuned to provide great comfort and handling while contributing to the machine’s low profile.
- At just 21mm wide, the drive belt contributes to the slim and clean look of the rear end. The belt has a carbon-fiber core which adds strength and durability for longevity.
- 12-spoke cast wheels are used to provide strength and toughness. Bridgestone® 100/90-19 size front and 150/80-16 size rear bias-type tires help provide excellent road grip.
- The 298mm front disc brake and 298mm rear disc brake both use wave rotors, the style usually found on sport bikes. The front brake uses a floating-mount for great heat-distortion resistance, contributing to excellent braking performance.
- The 3.2 gallon fuel tank is a traditional teardrop style, with a slim shape that includes flattened top and side surfaces to enhance Bolt styling.
- LED rear taillight looks cool and adds to the modern bobber appeal.
- Steel front and rear fenders are ideal for personalization, including paint and customization.
- Solo rider saddle adds to the minimalist bobber look.
- Type: 58-cu.in. (942cc) air-cooled 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve
- Bore x Stroke: 85.0 x 83.0
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injected
- Ignition: TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Transmission: 5-speed multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension Front: Telescopic fork, 4.7-in travel
- Suspension Rear: Dual shocks, 2.8-in travel
- Brakes Front: Wave-type disc, 298 mm
- Brakes Rear: Wave-type disc, 298 mm
- Tires Front: 100/90-19M/C 57H
- Tires Rear: 150/80-16M/C 71H
- L x W x H: 90.2 x 37.2 x 44.1 in.
- Seat Height: 27.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 61.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 51 mpg
- Wet Weight: 540 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve
- 58-cu.in. (942cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 85.0 x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injected
- TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, 4.7-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks, 2.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Wave-type disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Wave-type disc, 298 mm
- Front Tire
- 100/90-19M/C 57H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80-16M/C 71H
- 61.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.2 gal.
- 51 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 540 lb.
- 5-speed multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Glacier Blue, Candy Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)