2015 Roadsmith HDSS
Call for Price
One Cool Trike
The HDSS is the latest Roadsmith in the line up. This sexy little trike is a great way to get into a HD trike at a lower price but still get the same crack and bang as the big HD's
- Independent rear suspension
- True track stabilizer bar
- Longer wheelbase
- Belt Driven Differential
- Disc brakes
- Alloy wheels
- Storage Compartment
- Factory styled body
- Trailer hitch receiver
- Raked triple trees
- 3 year 1,000,000 mile warranty on the entire trike kit
- Wheelbase: 70" with steer kit
- Overall length: 105" with steer kit
- Overall width: 56"
- Weight: 1020 lb.
- Storage: 29.5" wide x 14.5" high opening x 15" deep = 3.7 CF
- Suspension: Lateral trailing arm Independent Rear Suspension
- Tires, rear : 215/55-17 radial
- Rims, rear : 16x7 alloy 5x4 1/2 bolt pattern, 35mm offset
- Final drive ratio: Stock
- Brakes, rear: dual piston calipers
- Shocks: adjustable coil over
- Body material: polyester resin fiberglass
- Stabilizer bar: 5/8" bar to control body roll
- Drive system: 1" Fiber belt
- Roadsmith 5 Degree Raked Triple Trees: A highly recommended option is our Roadsmith raked triple trees. This 6 degree rake pushes the front axle forward about two and a half inches. When we speak of rake kits, keep in mind what really counts is the trail. We end up with about 2 1/2" of trail and that is just what you want for easy to turn steering yet stable at higher speeds. How does this work you ask? The easiest way to illustrate this is that it's like having wider handlebars, in the sense that you have more mechanical advantage at the grips to turn the bars.
- Electric Reverse: A unique and cool option we have developed is our Electric Reverse System. This electric motor is not just a starter motor, but rather an extremely high torque 12V motor that goes through a gear reduction to produce huge torque. To operate the reverse, simply lift the lever on the left side to engage the electric motor's gear directly into the front of the belt's sprocket. One you've engaged the motor simply push and hold the bike's horn button down to back you up. When done, put the engagement lever back down and the horn button will be a horn button again.There is a safety built in so if you put the bike in gear while the lever is up, the horn sounds! You'll probably only do that once.
- Chrome Rear Rims: You can brighten up your wheels with this 16" x 7" chrome rim option. They are a 5x4.5" bolt pattern with a positive 35mm offset.
- White Wall Tires: If your front tire has a white wall, you should have matching tires in the rear, right? We offer them with the fat 1 1/2" white walls, thin 3/8" white walls, or for the 2009's a 3/16" thin white wall. The tires are specially made to our specification. The 215/55-16 tires are Formoza FD1's.
- Chrome Bumper: Add protection and beauty to your rear end with our Nerf Bumper. This 1 1/2" chrome plated tube with capped ends is solidly mounted to to the trike frame. So if you do "bump" into it, it's OK.
- Mudflaps: These ingenious items will magically make the rider behind you happier in a rain storm.
- Lighted Mudflaps: These mudflaps will not only prevent that big rooster tail from soaking your buddies behind you, they have 6" Roadsmith LED lights in them that function as running and brake lights.
- Wheel Well Trim Package: This is a 3/8" stick on trim that goes around your wheel opening. It just finishes off the look nicely.
- Trike Cover: Protect your trike on its off days with this cover made of water resistant, rip-stop nylon.
- Draw Bar: Your kit already comes with the receiver hitch, but this is the drawbar you'll need to actually tow.
- Trailer Converter: This harness actually plugs right into the factory harness to give you a flat four connector for your trailer.
- Pinstripes: Pinstripes can be matched to your bike's layout on single color paint schemes.
- "Paint-Ready" Main Body: Here is the prepped and primed body ready to be sanded and painted.
- Solid Color Paint: We can match paint to your bike's exact color.
- Two-Tone paint: This can also be matched to your bike's exact color.
- Rear Suspension
- Independent trailing arm
- Rear Brakes
- dual piston calipers
- Rear Tire
- 215/55-17 Radial
- Dry Weight
- 1020 lb.
- 70" w/ steer kit
- 3 year 1,000,000 mile warranty