2015 Roadsmith HDTR
Call for Price
"2011 Motorcycle Design of the Year"
-V Twin Expo
A trike with no compromise between classic looks, and modern functionality. Paired with an industry leading independent rear suspension, there is truly no boundaries to where the Roadsmith HDTR can take you.
- Wheelbase: 72"
- Overall length: 108"
- Overall width: 56" at the body 58" wide with Running Boards
- Weight: 1150 lbs wet
- Storage: 27" wide x 14" high opening x 15" deep
- Suspension: Lateral trailing arm Independent Rear Suspension
- Stabilizer bar: 5/8" bar to control body roll
- Tires, rear : 215/55-16 radial
- Rims, rear : 16x7 alloy 5X4 1/2 bolt pattern with 35mm offset
- Final drive ratio: same as bike
- Brakes, rear: dual 35mm piston calipers
- Shocks: adjustable coil over
- Body material: polyester resin fiberglass
- Drive system: 170 tooth Gates PolyChain GT2 Carbon Fiber 1 1/8" wide
- AccuRide: This convenient new option is an auto leveling system that adjusts the suspension for various loads with Progressive Air Shocks. Using a magnetic sensor, AccuRide knows exactly how much to "air up" or "air down" the shocks depending on the load. This allows the trike to always be at the correct ride height, with no need for manual adjustment.
- Roadsmith Raked Triple Trees: An option that we offer and highly recommend is our four degree raked triple trees. We move the front axle ahead to reduce the trail in the front end. Keep in mind that although they are called rake kits, the key aspect being changed is the trail. We are changing it from about 6.69" to 3". By doing this it acts like you have wider handlebars. This gives you more mechanical leverage to turn the bike.
- Electric Reverse: A unique and cool option we have developed is our Electric Reverse System. This electric motor is not just a starter motor, but rather an extremely high torque 12V motor that goes through a gear reduction to produce huge torque. To operate the reverse, simply lift the lever on the left side to engage the electric motor's gear directly into the front of the belt's sprocket. One you've engaged the motor simply push and hold the bike's horn button down to back you up. When done, put the engagement lever back down and the horn button will be a horn button again.There is a safety built in so if you put the bike in gear while the lever is up, the horn sounds! You'll probably only do that once.
- Auxiliary Fuel Tank: A full 3-gallon fuel capacity and separate filler neck allowing for long distance range and rapid fill. The system also features an “on-the-fly” transfer system, with the push of a button, all 3-gallons can transfer to the main tank in a matter of minutes.
- Performance SwayBar: This handy new option increases your cornering performance, and also helps reduce unwanted body roll that can come from riding with a passenger.
- ABS Brake Integration: If you wish to keep your ABS, this system Integrates with the stock set up on the bike and functions in the same manner.
- Wheel Package: You can have matching front and rear wheels by ordering our custom wheel package. This Forged 18" chrome rim is made for us by Performance Machine and includes a new tire.
- Centramatic Wheel Balancer: This is an onboard, continuous wheel balancer made by Centramatic. This option increases front tire life 35%-50%, and reduces hand fatigue on those long rides.
- Chrome Rear Rims: You can brighten up your wheels with this 16" x 7" chrome rim option. They are a 5x4.5" bolt pattern with a positive 35mm offset. Also available in a 17" option.
- White Wall Tires: If your front tire has a white wall, you should have matching tires in the rear, right? We offer them with fat 1 1/2" white walls, thin 3/8" white walls, or for the 2009's a 3/16" thin white wall. The tires are specially made to our specification. The 215/55-16 tires are Formoza FD1's. They will fit a 16" or 17" rim.
- Rear Fender Spoiler Lights: These spoilers look nice on top of the fenders by adding some more detail. They also have LEDs in them that are a running light and a brake light.
- Chrome Nerf Bumper: Add protection to your rear end with our Nerf Bumper. This 1 1/2" chrome plated tube with capped ends is solidly mounted to the trike frame. If you "bump" into it, it's OK.
- Mudflaps: These ingenious items will magically make the rider behind you happier in a rain storm. Mounting hardware included.
- Lighted Mudflaps: These mudflaps will not only prevent that big rooster tail from soaking your buddies behind you, they have 6" Roadsmith LED lights in them that function as running and brake lights. Mounting hardware included.
- Wheel Well Trim Package: This is a 3/8" stick on trim that goes around your wheel opening. It just finishes off the look nicely.
- Roadsmith Trike Cover: Protect your trike on its off days with this cover made of water resistant, rip-stop nylon.
- Draw Bar: Your kit already comes with the receiver hitch, but this is the drawbar you'll need to actually tow.
- Trailer Converter: This harness actually plugs right into the factory harness to give you a flat four connector for your trailer.
- Pinstripe: Matched to your bike's layout on single color paint schemes.
- Independent rear suspension
- True track stabilizer bar
- Longer wheelbase
- Belt Driven Differential
- Gates Polychain HD belt
- Disc brakes
- Alloy wheels
- Storage Compartment
- Factory styled body
- Trailer hitch receiver
- Steering kit
- 3 year 1,000,000 mile warranty
- Rear Suspension
- Lateral trailing arm Independent
- Rear Brakes
- dual 35mm piston calipers
- Rear Tire
- 215/55-17 radial
- 3 year 1,000,000 mile warranty