2015 Roadsmith HT1500
Call for Price
The trike conversion that started it all
The HT1500 is simply a “purpose built” touring machine.This is the trike that started the trike conversion revolution. If you want to travel the country worry free, this is the one for you.
- Independent rear suspension
- True track stabilizer bar
- Longer wheelbase
- Shaft driven differential
- Disc brakes
- Heavy Duty driveshaft
- Alloy wheels
- Storage Compartment
- Factory styled body
- Trailer hitch
- 5-gallon auxillary fuel tank
- Steering kit
- 3 year or 1,000,000 mile warranty
- Wheelbase: 80" with steer kit
- Overall length: 113" with steer kit
- Overall width: 56" at the body 58" wide with Wing Guards
- Weight: 1150 lbs wet
- Storage: 30" wide x 13" high opening x 13" deep
- Suspension: Lateral trailing arm Independent Rear Suspension
- Suspension adjustment: optional air shocks connect to bikes compressor
- Stabilizer bar: 5/8" bar to control body roll
- Tires, rear : 215/55-16 radial
- Rims, rear : 16x7 alloy 5x4 1/2 35mm offset
- Final drive ratio: 2.93:1
- Brakes, rear: dual 35mm piston calipers
- Shocks: adjustable coil over
- Body material: polyester resin fiberglass
- Drive system: 2" diameter shaft w/ sealed u-joints
- Auxillary fuel tank: optional: 5 gallons
- AccuRide: This convenient new option is an auto leveling system that adjusts the suspension for various loads with Progressive Air Shocks. Using a magnetic sensor, AccuRide knows exactly how much to "air up" or "air down" the shocks depending on the load. This allows the trike to always be at the correct ride height, with no need for manual adjustment.
- Air Shocks: An alternative suspension option offered for the HT1500 is Air Shocks. These are high quality Progressive brand air shocks that allow you in integrate directly into the bikes existing compressor system. This allows the luxury of suspension adjustment from the dash, as the original GL1500 featured.
- Performance SwayBar: This handy new option increases yourcornering performance, and also helps reduce unwanted body roll that can come from heavy loading or riding with a passenger.
- Extended Trunk: This fully carpeted trunk insert adds a 6" tall by 12" wide by 12" deep extra storage area at the front of your trunk. This area makes a great place to tuck away your rain gear or chaps. This insert basically takes the space where the auxiliary fuel tank could go.
- Comfort Controls: Ideal for those with a longer inseam, this unique system takes your existing controls and moves them forward 3" and down 1" resulting in an extended knee position that has to be felt to believed.
- Steering Kit:The 6 degree steering kit is an option that most people get, if not initially, someday. The GL1500 needs a 6-degree rake increase to make for a comfortable and stable trike. To explain what a steering kit does is a little complicated. It basically feels like power steering for your trike. It reduces the steering effort by about half. The front-end geometry of a motorcycle is designed with a certain amount of trail in the front end to allow the bike to counter steer easily and remain stable. On a trike we are not counter steering, but rather steering. This is the opposite of what the front end was designed to do. With our steering kit, we reduce the trail in the front end to give you better leverage at the handlebars to steer your trike. This gives you better mechanical advantage to turn the front wheel off of center. It’s like your handlebars are twice as wide as they really are. This can positively affect your fatigue level at the end of a long day.
- Progressive Fork Springs: These are the ticket to improving your front-end suspension and are recommended with the steering kit.
- Chrome Rear Rims: You can brighten up your wheels with this 16" x 7" chrome rim option. They are a 5 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern with a positive 35mm offset.
- Wing Guards: Wings Guards are like a running board in that the main purpose is to protect your feet from the elements. As another benefit they just look cool. Wing Guards seem to tie the front and the rear of the trike together. They are made from tough fiberglass then supported by mounts in the front, middle and rear. We cover the areas
- Fender Spoiler Lights: These attractive additions will give your Roadsmith a nice detail to the top of the fender. They also have running and brake lights built in. This could technically be categorized as safety lighting!
- Mudflaps: These ingenious items will magically make the rider behind you happier in a rain storm. They are mounted right to the frame with included brackets.
- Lighted Mudflaps: These items will make the person behind you a little happier in the rain and make your Roadsmith look a little classier. The lighted ones become extra tail and brake lights. They are mounted right to the frame with included brackets.
- Trunk Courtesy Light: Ever get back late from a ride with no light in sight other than from the illumination of a cell phone or your headlight? Makes finding objects in your storage trunk rather difficult. This conveinent option fixes that all together. A bright LED light is wired to turn on/off with the trunk opening/closing.
- Wheel Well Trim Package: This is a 3/8" stick on trim that goes around your wheel opening. It just finishes off the bike nicely.
- Side Winderz Ground Effects: These pieces attach to the side and rear of the HT1800 to add a new look with accent. You can put your standard saddlebag molding on them or install one of the many aftermarket chrome and lighted chrome accents. They install in minutes. We offer them in raw or painted finish. They are made of paint-able urethane that is paint ready.
- Chrome Nerf Bumper: Our chrome nerf bumper adds both protection and classic look to the back of your Roadsmith. This bumper is constructed of 1 1/2" steel tubing with caped ends then fully polished and chrome plated for years of everlasting luster. Functionally, the solid 5/8" bar bolts directly to the trike's frame. If you do bump into something rolling it around the garage or something, it doesn't damage the paint finish.
- Roadsmith Trike Cover: Protect your trike on its off days with this cover made of water resistant, rip-stop nylon.
- Draw Bar: The trike conversion already comes with a built in receiver for a trailer hitch. This is the drawbar you'll need to actually tow.
- Trailer Converter: This harness actually plugs right into the factory harness to give you a flat four connector for your trailer.
- Two-Tone With Stripe: We can paint your body two tone with matching pinstripe to match your SE model.
- "Paint-Ready" Main Body: This is the prepped and primed body ready to be sanded and painted.
- "Paint Ready" Wing Guards: These are the prepped and primed wing guards ready to be sanded and painted.
- Main Body/Wing Guards Paint: We can paint and match your bike's exact color.
- Wing Guards: Wing Guards are like a running board. The main purpose is to protect your feet from the elements. As another benefit, they just look cool. They really seem to tie the front and rear of the trike together. Our Wing Guards are made from tough fiberglass and supported by mounts in the front, middle, and rear. We cover the areas where you may step with a non-skid material. This new option for the HT1500 defines form and function for this ultimate touring machine.
- Fuel Tank: We offer a unique auxiliary 5-gallon fuel tank for our HT1500. This is another first for the trike industry from The Trike Shop, catering to the serious touring rider. The reason for offering this option is not because our trikes get bad gas mileage. In fact, with our gear ratio and tire size, the mileage will usually only decrease by 3-5 MPG. The extra 5-gallon fuel tank is not to see how long you can go without stopping, but rather enjoying the reality that there are better places to take a break than a gas station. You’ll have a range of about 500 miles now. The fuel tank works by simply flipping a switch on your dashboard to pull fuel from either the primary or auxiliary fuel tank.
- Rear Suspension
- Lateral trailing arm Independent
- Rear Brakes
- dual 35mm piston calipers
- Rear Tire
- 215/55-16 radial
- 3 year or 1,000,000 mile warranty