2015 Roadsmith HT1800
Call for Price
Our most popular model for good reason
The HT1800 is simply a “purpose built” touring machine. No other bike has been converted to a trike more. If you want to travel the country worry free, this is the one for you.
- Independent rear suspension
- True track stabilizer bar
- Longer wheelbase
- Shaft driven differential
- Disc brakes
- Heavy Duty driveshaft
- Alloy wheels
- Storage Compartment
- Factory styled body
- Trailer hitch
- 5-gallon auxillary fuel tank
- Steering kit
- 3 year or 1,000,000 mile warranty
- Wheelbase: 78"
- Overall length: 116"
- Overall width: 56" at the body 58" wide with Wing Guards
- Weight: 1150 lbs wet
- Storage: 27" wide x 14" high opening x 15" deep
- Suspension: Lateral trailing arm Independent Rear Suspension
- Suspension adjustment: Manually adjustable Progressive coil-over shocks
- Stabilizer bar: 5/8" bar to control body roll
- Tires, rear : 205/65-16 radial
- Rims, rear : 16x7 alloy 5x4 1/2 35mm offset
- Final drive ratio: 2.93:1
- Brakes, rear: dual 35mm piston calipers
- Shocks: adjustable coil over
- Body material: polyester resin fiberglass
- Drive system: 2" diameter shaft w/ sealed u-joints
- AccuRide: This convenient new option is an auto leveling system that adjusts the suspension for various loads with Progressive Air Shocks. Using a magnetic sensor, AccuRide knows exactly how much to "air up" or "air down" the shocks depending on the load. This allows the trike to always be at the correct ride height, with no need for manual adjustment.
- Adjustable Pre-Load:The other suspension option we now offer is an Adjustable Pre-Load system. We tie right into the GL1800's existing suspension adjustment system that's controllable right from the dash. By the push up or down of a button, this system hydraulically pre-loads the fixed springs for various loads, and allows the rider to manually adjust the ride as they see fit. We use high quality Progressive coil over shocks combined with the springs.
- Performance SwayBar: This handy new option increases yourcornering performance, and also helps reduce unwanted body roll that can come from heavy loading or riding with a passenger.
- Auxiliary Fuel Tank: Our unique auxiliary fuel tank was the first of its kind 15 years ago. We figured since we had the extra space above our differential, why not utilize it? Now we can offer you an additional 5 gallons of fuel on board. It's not that the Roadsmith gets bad gas mileage, typically 3-5 mpg less than the motorcycle, but on those long trips it's worth the peace of mind just to know you have extra fuel. Some states can push the limits of the stock fuel tank. To fill the rear tank, remove the chrome fuel cap on the left side of the body and fill it just like the front tank. fuel tank No need to wait for fuel to transfer SLOWLY to the extra tank. To use the fuel in the auxiliary tank, drive until the low fuel light comes on. Then simply flip the toggle switch while driving and the fuel will transfer from the rear tank up to the bike's original tank. When all the fuel is pumped out of the rear tank, it shuts itself off.
- Extended Trunk: This fully carpeted trunk insert adds a 6" tall by 12" wide by 12" deep extra storage area at the front of your trunk. This area makes a great place to tuck away your rain gear or chaps. This insert basically takes the space where the auxiliary fuel tank could go.
- Comfort Controls: Ideal for those with a longer inseam, this unique system takes your existing controls and moves them forward 3" and down 1" resulting in an extended knee position that has to be felt to believed.
- Steering Kit: The Roadsmith 5 1/2 degree steering kit is an option that most people get, if not initially, someday. The GL1800 needs a rake increase to make for a comfortable and stable trike. To explain what a steering kit does is a little complicated but basically it feels like power steering for your trike. It reduces the steering effort by about half. The front-end geometry for a motorcycle is designed with a certain amount of trail in the front end to allow the bike to counter steer easy and remain stable. As a trike we are not counter steering, but rather steering. This is the opposite of what that front end was designed to do. With our steering kit we reduce the trail in the front end to give you better leverage at the handlebars to steer your trike. It gives you better mechanical advantage to turn the front wheel off of center. It’s like your handlebars are twice as wide as they really are. This can really positively affect your fatigue level at the end of a long day.
- Traxxion Fork Springs: Reduce front end "dive" during braking, yet still provide excellent ride comfort. A Progressive Rate Spring has the advantage of a rising rate resistance to compression. The benefit of this is that the spring can be soft enough at the start of the travel to offer a "plush" ride, yet be firm enough at the end of the travel to soak up the big bumps.
- Wheel Package: You can have matching front and rear wheels by ordering our custom wheel package. This forged 18" polished rim is made for us by Performance Machine (tire not included).
- Chrome Rear Rims: You can brighten up your wheels with this 16" x 7" chrome rim option. They are a 5 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern with a positive 35mm offset.
- Centramatic Wheel Balancer: This is an onboard, continuous wheel balancer made by Centramatic. This option increases front tire life 35%-50%, and reduces hand fatigue on those long rides.
- Wing Guards: Wings Guards are like a running board in that the main purpose is to protect your feet from the elements. As another benefit they just look cool. Wing Guards seem to tie the front and the rear of the trike together. They are made from tough fiberglass then supported by mounts in the front, middle and rear. We cover the areas
- Fender Spoiler Lights: These attractive additions will give your Roadsmith a nice detail to the top of the fender. They also have running and brake lights built in. This could technically be categorized as safety lighting!
- Mudflaps: These ingenious items will magically make the rider behind you happier in a rain storm. They are mounted right to the frame with included brackets.
- Lighted Mudflaps: These items will make the person behind you a little happier in the rain and make your Roadsmith look a little classier. The lighted ones become extra tail and brake lights. They are mounted right to the frame with included brackets.
- Trunk Courtesy Light: Ever get back late from a ride with no light in sight other than from the illumination of a cell phone or your headlight? Makes finding objects in your storage trunk rather difficult. This conveinent option fixes that all together. A bright LED light is wired to turn on/off with the trunk opening/closing.
- Wheel Well Trim Package: This is a 3/8" stick on trim that goes around your wheel opening. It just finishes off the bike nicely.
- Side Winderz Ground Effects: These pieces attach to the side and rear of the HT1800 to add a new look with accent. You can put your standard saddlebag molding on them or install one of the many aftermarket chrome and lighted chrome accents. They install in minutes. We offer them in raw or painted finish. They are made of paint-able urethane that is paint ready.
- Chrome Nerf Bumper: Our chrome nerf bumper adds both protection and classic look to the back of your Roadsmith. This bumper is constructed of 1 1/2" steel tubing with caped ends then fully polished and chrome plated for years of everlasting luster. Functionally, the solid 5/8" bar bolts directly to the trike's frame. If you do bump into something rolling it around the garage or something, it doesn't damage the paint finish.
- Crash Bar Mount: This is a mounting bar for the crash bars that are removed for trike conversions. It helps protect the wing guards from that accidental brush with disaster.
- Roadsmith Trike Cover: Protect your trike on its off days with this cover made of water resistant, rip-stop nylon.
- Draw Bar: The trike conversion already comes with a built in receiver for a trailer hitch. This is the drawbar you'll need to actually tow.
- Trailer Converter: This harness actually plugs right into the factory harness to give you a flat four connector for your trailer.
- 2012 Two-Tone: ncorporate that signature 2012 Honda GL1800 Two-Tone into your Roadsmith HT1800 body.
- "Paint-Ready" Main Body: This is the prepped and primed body ready to be sanded and painted.
- "Paint Ready" Wing Guards: These are the prepped and primed wing guards ready to be sanded and painted.
- Main Body/Wing Guards Paint: We can paint and match your bike's exact color.
- Rear Suspension
- Lateral trailing arm Independent
- Rear Brakes
- dual 35mm piston calipers
- Rear Tire
- 205/65-16 radial
- 3 year or 1,000,000 mile warranty