2020 Honda CRF450L
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Trail-To-Trail Dream Machine.
Ride anywhere. Ride everywhere. That's what Honda's extraordinary CRF450L is all about. A street-legal dirtbike that offers the refinement of a Honda, along with light weight, superior handling, and plenty of power. It's a motorcycle that's taking the dual-sport scene by storm, a huge critical success by seemingly everyone who's scored a ride on one. Powerful 449cc Unicam engine. Twin-spar aluminum CRF chassis. Wide-ratio six-speed transmission. Premium long-travel suspension. Electric start. New graphics this year. And most special of all in this class, the reliability Honda is famous for. Get ready to roost.
- Fully Street Legal: The CRF450L is equipped with a catalytic converter and is fully street legal in all 50 states. That means you can ride it wherever it's legal to operate a motor vehicle—in state and national parks, on the road, on public lands. Plus, you don't need to haul your bike to the trailhead in a truck or on a trailer. Best of all, it makes finding gas a breeze.
- Electric Starter: An electric start system ensures trouble-free starting in all conditions. The electric starter also drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears while producing a narrow engine with a short, strong crank.
- 449cc Unicam Engine: Honda's Unicam cylinder heads combine the best of single- and double-overhead-cam designs. The configuration contributes to a compact engine that saves weight over a comparable dual-overhead-camshaft motor and also permits a narrow included valve angle. This flattens the combustion chamber to facilitate ignition flame propagation, allowing a high compression ratio. Since less space is taken up in the cylinder head, the camshaft sits lower in the head for a more compact engine and a lower center of gravity.
- Wide-Ratio Six-Speed Transmission: Like our CRF450X, the CRF450L rocks a wide-ratio six-speed gearbox. That gives you a low gear perfect for tight, slow situations, and a top gear that's tall enough for highway riding to the next gas stop or trailhead.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam OHC, four-valve
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm downdraft throttle body
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Transmission: Wide-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 Chain; 13T/51T
- Front Suspension: 49mm leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Front Brake: Single 260mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc
- Front Tire: IRC GP21 80/100-21
- Rear Tire: IRC GP22 120/80-18
- Wheelbase: 58.9 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 28° 20'
- Trail: 4.6 inches
- Seat Height: 37.1 inches
- Ground Clearance: 12.4 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 2.01 gallons
- Curb Weight: 289 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
- Miles Per Gallon: 50 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: CRF450L
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty
- HondaCare: Extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm downdraft throttle body
- Wide-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 Chain; 13T/51T
- Front Suspension
- 49mm leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Front Brakes
- Single 260mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc
- Front Tire
- IRC GP21 80/100-21
- Rear Tire
- IRC GP22 120/80-18
- 58.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.1 in.
- 28 deg. 20 min.
- 4.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.01 gal.
- 50 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 289 lb.