2020 Yamaha Star Venture
Shown with Transcontinental Option Package
Joint Ventures. Endless Journeys This "top‑of‑the‑line" transcontinental tourer combines emotional V‑Twin performance with cutting‑edge comfort and technology.
- High Torque Engine with Cutting-Edge Rider Aids: Featuring a torque-rich 1854cc air-cooled V-twin, Star Venture® produces smooth, effortless passing power even when fully loaded. And with ride-by-wire throttle control, traction control and selectable riding modes, Star Venture brings class-leading technology to the luxury touring class.
- Integrated Infotainment System: With a potent audio system and a large, high-mounted touch- and voice-controlled infotainment system, the Star Venture puts the rider in command. Music, navigation, communications and vehicle systems are integrated cleanly into a single system that sets new standards for two-wheeled technology.
- Yamaha Sure-Park System: With Star Venture's Sure-Park™ System, parking maneuvers are a breeze, even fully loaded. Controlled from the handlebar, an electric motor provides forward and reverse drive to assist during tricky parking situations, especially on rough or poor traction surfaces.
- Adjustable Ergonomics and Aerodynamics: Star Venture adapts to rider and passenger needs straight from the dealership floor, with adjustable ergonomics, wind protection and controls. Grip warmers and heated seats for both rider and passenger come standard, with a low seat height for confidence at every stop.
- Advanced Chassis: Designed around a rigid chassis and advanced suspension systems, the Star Venture is built to offer Yamaha's renowned handling ability when the road turns twisty, without losing the comfort or straight-line confidence expected from a luxury tourer.
- High Tech Meets High Torque: A massive 1854cc air-cooled V-twin powers Star Venture for effortless passing power even when fully loaded. Yamaha has been refining the four-valve, twin-spark-plug, pent-roof engine design for nearly 20 years to deliver exceptional power and drivability.
- Smooth Running and Charismatic: The Star Venture engine delivers huge torque with a thrilling V-twin pulse, and thanks to lightweight forged alloy pistons, carefully-tuned counterbalancers and advanced engine mounts, the Star Venture creates a luxuriously smooth ride ideal for days in the saddle without fatigue.
- Six-Speed Transmission: Developed specifically for the needs of long-distance touring, the six-speed gearbox features ratios chosen to make the most of the huge low-end torque available from the 1854cc engine, for brisk acceleration in lower gears and relaxed highway cruising.
- Yamaha Sure-Park System: The Yamaha Sure-Park System brings a new level of rider confidence to the Luxury Touring class. Controlled from the handlebar, a small electric motor provides forward and reverse drive to handle tricky parking situations or poor traction conditions.
- Integrated Oil Tank and Cooler: The Star Venture engine utilizes a semi-dry-sump design, lowering the effective center of gravity by allowing the engine to sit lower in the frame, with the external oil tank cleanly integrated into the aluminum subframe. And to maintain ideal engine temperatures, a compact oil cooler is hidden between the front down tubes.
- Advanced Rider Assisting Technology: Thanks to YCC-T, Star Venture is able to mount a variety of advanced rider assistance technologies, including Yamaha D-Mode and traction control. D-Mode allows the rider to choose from two different throttle response settings: a smooth touring mode, and a sport mode for sharper response. The traction control system helps prevent wheel spin when dealing with reduced traction road conditions.
- Ride-by-Wire Engine Control: Star Venture features Yamaha's Chip Controlled Throttle, or YCC-T®, a ride-by-wire throttle control system that converts the rider's grip input into precise throttle control, for impeccable engine response and enhanced levels of refinement.
- Integrated Cruise Control: Yamaha's refined cruise control system comes standard to ease long highway stints for less fatigue and improved fuel economy.
- Carefully Tuned Twin Exhaust: The Star Venture's exhaust system features a twin-muffler design with the throaty V-twin exhaust note that custom touring fans seek. Yamaha carefully developed the exhaust tone throughout the entire rpm range for a thrilling soundtrack on every ride.
- Assist and Slipper Clutch: Yamaha's assist and slipper clutch provides additional clamping force under acceleration along with the proven advantages of a performance slipper-style clutch. This two-way design uses lighter clutch springs to reduce clutch lever effort, and provides smoother deceleration, especially when downshifting aggressively.
- Electrical Power to Spare: Star Venture features paired alternators to provide ample electrical power for the heated seats and grips, audio system and lighting. With 750 watts of total output, riders can feel free to add common electrical accessories or heated apparel without taxing the bike's charging system.
- Agile, High-Rigidity Frame: The main steel frame is tuned for optimal rigidity for excellent handling and responsiveness, while the rear subframe makes use of Yamaha's advanced aluminum die-casting techniques to reduce weight and centralize mass even further. The balanced chassis gives the Star Venture a combination of solid straight-line stability with agility on the curviest of roads.
- Centralized Mass: Thanks to the semi-dry-sump engine, advanced frame design and careful positioning of major components, direction changes require less effort, for a more engaging ride with less fatigue.
- Plush, Large-Diameter Fork: The 46mm telescopic fork features damping and spring rates selected to offer an ideal balance of bump absorption and high speed handling, all without losing a light and responsive road feel. The Star Venture is a true riders' machine that combines real-world road-holding performance with the plush comfort expected from a luxury touring motorcycle.
- Linkage-Type Shock: The rear suspension features a linkage-type shock to create a compact design with a plush, controlled feel. As with the front fork, damping and spring rates were carefully considered to give the Star Venture an ideal balance of comfort and road feedback,
- Powerful Linked Brakes with ABS: The Star Venture features high-performance, triple-disc brakes with advanced electronic control. Yamaha's Unified Braking System dynamically adjusts front and rear brake force balance to ensure linear braking feel and power. And Yamaha's refined antilock braking system (ABS) prevents wheel lock-ups when dealing with reduced traction road conditions.
- Stylish Alloy Wheels with TPMS: The Star Venture rolls on lightweight front and rear machined aluminum alloy wheels. Up front, the 18-inch wheel features a 130/70 radial tire for light and neutral steering feel, while the rear 16-inch rim mounts a huge 200/55 radial for stunning style and road holding. An advanced Tire Pressure Monitoring System features sensors in each wheel for confidence on long tours without the inconvenience of checking tire pressures before each ride.
- Class Leading Fuel Capacity: The Star Venture features a huge 6.6-gallon fuel tank for generous range, easily reaching 200 miles between fuel stops. Riders now have the freedom to journey further than ever.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: Both hand levers offer five-position span adjustments. A deeply padded seat - with an unladen height of only 27.4 inches - makes planting both feet on the pavement easy, and it features a rider backrest with three-position fore and aft adjustment. The passenger backrest is over 17 inches wide for plenty of room to move around, and passenger floorboards can be adjusted between two positions.
- Stylish Full Coverage Fairing: Featuring a full-coverage fairing with just the right amount of classic American muscle car attitude, Star Venture provides both style and wind tunnel-developed weather protection. And thanks to the frame-mounted design, steering remains light and neutral compared to competitors' fork-mounted designs.
- Aerodynamic Excellence: The Star Venture offers extensive aerodynamic tuneability. An electrically adjustable windscreen offers over 3.5 inches of vertical range. External visors at the middle of the fairing can be adjusted to direct cold air away from the riders on chilly rides, or to direct cooling airflow inwards for warmer weather. And ducted vents inside the lower fairing can be opened or closed to further customize airflow for changing conditions.
- Heated Luxury Comes Standard: No matter if the ride calls for a chilly morning or a frozen mountain pass, Star Venture keeps both rider and passenger comfortable thanks to an array of heated contact points, including rider grips, rider seat, rider backrest, passenger seat and passenger backrest.
- LED Lighting: The Star Venture features all-LED lighting to maximize illumination. LED brake lights and turn signals boost visibility, while the quad LED headlight assembly punches a huge hole in the darkness with crisp, bright light.
- Electric Luggage Locks: To provide both convenience and security, the USB-equipped fairing storage compartment, saddlebags and Tour Trunk all feature electric locking lids.
- Generous Luggage System: Star Venture features a cavernous 37.3 gallons of volume across the saddlebags, Tour Trunk and upper and lower fairing storage compartments. Plus, the Transcontinental Option Package offers an additional pair of easily accessible passenger storage compartments, boosting storage capacity to over 38 gallons.
- Smart Key System: Simplify every ride thanks to Yamaha's Smart Key system. The remote key fob only needs to be in the rider's pocket in order to access the luggage system, start the bike, and ride.
- Confidence-Inspiring Warranty: Star Venture riders can hit the road knowing that Yamaha is behind them for years to come, thanks to a full 5 Year Warranty Coverage* *1year limited factory warranty + 4 years Yamaha Extended Service = 5 years coverage: Certain exclusions apply, see terms of each for details.
- Huge Accessory Range: Personalizing a Star Venture is even easier, thanks to a full range of Genuine Yamaha Accessories, from the classic heel-and-tow shifter to additional luggage racks and stylish auxiliary driving lights. For details on the full range of accessories, check out ShopYamaha.com.
- Transcontinental Option Package Special Features: The Star Venture Transcontinental Option Package mounts a range of upgraded features, including supplemental LED fog lamps, an additional pair of storage compartments for the passenger, and an alarmed security system to keep your investment safe.
- Standard Charging Ports: Keep your devices charged up thanks to USB ports in the locking right side fairing compartment and the rear Tour Trunk.
- State-of-the-Art Infotainment System: Mounted high in the cockpit for improved visibility, the 7-inch full-color LCD display puts a huge array of information and control at the rider's fingertips. Controlled via touchscreen, handlebar controls or voice commands, this infotainment package gives the rider access to vehicle control and data, a range of audio sources, and wireless Bluetooth® communications options.
- Vehicle Control Center: By integrating vehicle systems into the infotainment console, running data such as trip computer functions and tire pressures can be easily confirmed on-screen, while elements such as the heated seats can be controlled by the rider.
- Communications Suite: By linking a Bluetooth®-equipped smartphone, the Star Venture gives the rider complete control of communications with both the passenger and the wider world directly through the infotainment display.
- Audio Entertainment: Mounting paired high-performance speakers, the Star Venture audio package is ready to rock and roll. Pick up favorite local radio stations, bring your music with you, or stream Pandora® from your smart phone, all thanks to USB, AUX stereo, or Bluetooth® wireless connection options.
- Engine Type: 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled OHV V-twin; 8 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0mm x 118.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection with YCC-T and D-Mode
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension / Front: 46mm telescopic fork; 5.1 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock with remote preload adjustment; 4.3 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Tires / Front: 130/70R18 Bridgestone® Exedra®
- Tires / Rear: 200/55R16 Bridgestone® Exedra®
- L x W x H: 106.3 in. x 39.9 in. x 55.5 - 59.1 in.
- Seat Height: 27.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 67.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 31.0 deg.
- Trail: 5.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 4.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 34.0 mpg
- Wet Weight: 957 lb. / 963 lb. (Transcontinental model)
- Warranty: 5 Year Warranty Coverage* *1 year limited factory warranty + 4 years Yamaha Extended Service = 5 years coverage
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- OHV V-twin; 8 valves
- 113 cu.in. (1854cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100.0mm x 118.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection with YCC-T and D-Mode
- 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 46mm telescopic fork; 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with remote preload adjustment; 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 320mm; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Front Tire
- 130/70R18 Bridgestone® Exedra®
- Rear Tire
- 200/55R16 Bridgestone® Exedra®
- 67.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.4 in.
- 31.0 deg.
- 5.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal.
- 34.0 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 957 lb.
- Impact Blue, Granite Gray
- 5 Year Warranty Coverage* *1 year limited factory warranty + 4 years Yamaha Extended Service = 5 years coverage